Sunday, May 8, 2011

Everyday is actually Mother's Day for me...



Note: I've posted this on my Facebook wall but am adding more for my blog here.


Happy Mother's Day!



Last night, as I was watching my mother look at my "homemade" Mother's Day card, I had to hold back my tears of happiness as we were with my daughter, Amanda and her boyfriend.


Everyday is truly Mother's Day for me...


My mother has been there for me through thick and thin in my 41 years I have been here in the United States. I owe her everything and more. The last ten(+)years have been a true testament of her faith and belief in me to get my life straightened out. I could not have done it without her, and of course the rest of my family and friends - included!

I have had the best support team and as I write this I am full of tears and joy to be blessed with Mom and ALL OF YOU in my life!

She has been my rock even when I treated her badly. That's what mothers are for, I've been told. Those times are no longer...thank GOODNESS!

She taught me so much...baking (my greatest passion!); encouraging me to write (another great passion!); volunteering for her HALO humanitarian cause - working with the special needs children - in the school library and etc. (yet, ANOTHER great passion); being a true friend by listening; to love life and people from the bottom of my heart; to be true to myself - not letting others have a negative effect in my life; to know that I am INDEED a good person...mother, wife, sister, aunt and etc.

Most of all...Mom has given me...HER unconditional love. AND, the true meaning of living and to respect it.


You only live once so live it to the fullest.


So, when I recently removed all the drama and chaos that I allowed in my life, it really came to me that I can now truly begin to live. I can breathe. I can see. I can hear. I can talk. ALL this I can do clearly and with a clean conscience. The things I do NOW is done with an open mind, honesty and with gratitude. Thank you, Mom, for showing me this.

Thank you Mom for everyday I live...I get to have another chance of living with you along my side cheering me on here.

This is the song you remembered us as little girls singing in the back of the car...IT was really me who started this singing as I was in the Brookstone School choir with Mrs. Summerall. Wink!



Mom, "You Light Up My Life"...everyday through the good times and the challenging times...always.


I, also, thank you...Amanda and Jack for being here for me and allowing me to be a better Mom...growing in love with you all over again - stronger and healthier.

Everyday is INDEED a Mother's Day for me.

AND...thank you again, Mom, for being my mother and best friend.

I love you always and forever, Mom. From my heart to your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment