Friday, September 3, 2010

Daily challenges we face: How does one cope??


There is often many times I have wanted to go on a cruise and NEVER come back when face with a challenge that is FAR too hard to handle. But, that would be an unrealistic and unacceptable choice for there are many family and friends who would frown upon my idea of an escape.

SO, HOW do you deal with the daily challenges?? More importantly a very BIG challenge like depression. This is prevalent to the subject on hand...making a good and reasonable choice to handle such a challenge.

Every challenge is handled differently and to the best of their ability by each person who is experiencing this challenge. I have been seeing so many challenges my friends AND myself included that one cannot fathom another human being to be in that person's shoes. It's NOT fair or right to make quick judgments to tell someone to get a reality check or have a wake up call when this challenge can be so overwhelming that realistic thoughts and feelings are not clearly well thought out.

I say this because I saw this in a post submitted by a popular radio host here in Seattle, Washington (106.9FM KRWM). The post was about a gentleman who said he was feeling ugly and unlovable. This brought tears to my eyes...this person is crying out for help - NOT professionally but for moral support.

The radio personality's question, "Are there any words of support?" received an array of responses, a good amount of wonderful supportive and kind words and THEN there were some just downright insensitive and negative responses. I could not help but want to show compassion...I strongly felt that was what he was needing and wanting so despairingly! Reaching out is the key to surviving in this world and facing your challenge(s).

SO, here is what I said:

I don't think that someone needs a wakeup call or a reality check when one feels ugly and unlovable. This gentleman is reaching out for help to deal with this insecurity.

It is a disservice to dismiss him in a negative way NOT saying it was mean of what Julie said above. What he does need is positive re-enforcement not a slap into reality. Support, love and care are important elements to compassion and that is indeed what this person is asking for here, as I see it.

Delilah is here to give supportive responses as a compassionate person. This gentleman must KNOW that or else he wouldn't have come here for her help. Life is already HARD as it is and to compound feeling ugly and unlovable makes the soul feel hopeless.

Not knowing how old this gentleman is...perhaps there is a place he could go to for support and build self-esteem. I haven't a clue for suggestions on places at the moment BUT someone on here may see this post of Delilah's and may have a place or suggestion.

To the gentleman who is suffering here...just know that you are a human being who deserves a chance to love and to be loved NO matter your physical attributes. There is someone for each person who is willing to love and can return that love...it does start within you.

I wish you all the best. And, I pray that you find happiness and joy as I have in my life having overcome similar feelings you have and are still feeling. May God Bless you. ♥

It is supportive words that can strongly make a difference in a person's choice with his/her challenge(s). It is compassion for another human being that makes humankind to continually improve this world.

Just take the time for another human being who is in a world of hurt...it takes a minute to start.

Life is too short and precious....take the time to care for another human fellow, BE there for him/her.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lien:

    You have wise words to be so young. I do know the loneliness that you describe. So many of my closest relatives have died. The latest being my husband and my "baby girl" Monique (only 43). I am a Christian and have strong beliefs that God is with me always, still there is that uneasy feeling of loneliness. Something unexplainable until it happens to you.
    I realize that you wrote this a while back, but it is so true. I pray for the lonely as I am too. I have the home in Columbus that has not sold as yet and the one here in FL that I need to sell so that I can get closer to my son and his family (about 8 hours away...I can no long drive that kind of distance.
    Love, Ramona (Forte)

    ReplyDelete