Wednesday, February 17, 2010

There needs to be more gratitude in life...




There is so much happening in my life and with everybody! I am guilty of not truly being grateful for what I have and complaining about WHAT I don't have. As I sit here in my kitchen nook, I look over to the right of me and see the most beautiful Christmas cactus plant that belonged to my late mother-in-law, Shirelee.

I am proud of the fact that this is one plant I have NOT "killed"! I am not a green thumb (which I gladly own up to here!) and for it to survive is a "MIRACLE"! I actually talk to it "lovingly" as if it were one of my own children. And, they would be rolling their eyes at me IF they saw this! And to see this plant to have blossomed "twice" in one season is a blessing and a true testament that there is a God up there giving me the "thumbs up" for my hard work!

I am posting a photo of this miraculous Christmas cactus plant to share the beauty and hope this plant brings me on a daily basis - even when the gorgeous blossoms die. There will be next year! Or if not, I was able to enjoy the blossoms that have grown this year!

It's late at night here. My daughter is asleep with a cold. My son is at a friend's overnight. And, my husband is working very hard to keep a roof over our heads, food on the table and getting bills paid as they come (faster and faster!). I cherish these quiet moments to reflect on the day and think about what tomorrow may hold for us.

Life is a constant learning lesson that will never end until our very last breath on this earth. ALL of my past experiences and current ones are what keep me wanting to write in this blog - sort of like a therapy "outlet", if you will. I feel at ease at this time of night. I got a fair amount of work done around here - there's always more...AND it will wait for me! It's not going anywhere! It will be here!!

I had dinner the other night with a dear friend from work at Einstein Middle School. Jennifer is a special ed teacher with just a HEART of GOLD! She is funny, smart and hilarious with a warm laughter. ONe never knows how to get to know another person WITHOUT "reaching" out. And this is what happened...I was fortunate to have this wonderful co-worker and friend reach out and want to get together! The power of "communication"!

Today, I visited with a very lovely friend, Dorrena and her beautiful daughter, Brianna at Central Market, a lovely place here in Shoreline, Washington. We just chatted about everything that we could get "jammed" in the hour or so we met up! AND, talking about people watching! Now, there is a people-watching place!

That's another passion I have...meeting new people! I cherish all my friends...new and old (not the age term!). I LOVE people. Everywhere you go- people watching is just simply THERE!! No escaping it! I love "people watching!

That's something to be grateful for in my life! Allowing people to touch my life (as I hope that I do in return) is the greatest gift to possess. I cannot IMAGINE being without family and friends. It would just be a non-existent life without love and support. I will be forever GRATEFUL to my family and friends!

The pains, challenges, successes and etc. that we have in our lives on a daily basis makes us the individuals that we are! No escaping THAT!

This is WHY I love my cooking and baking - when I put love and patience into my endeavors then the end result will be a beautiful result! And, if it doesn't turn out... THEN just do it AGAIN until right NOT perfect! Life is too beautiful and short - ENJOY everyone in your life and cherish them each and every day!

And, know that there is a Higher Power up there - your own understanding of one - guiding you through THIS life! I love each and EVERY ONE of you! :)

Enjoy the flowers out there and .... smell them!

With Blessings!

Lien :)

No comments:

Post a Comment